The (Fat) Envelope, Please!
Experts Answer Your Questions from College Prep to Admissions
The Brown Club in New York presents a special program for alumni and their families.
From SAT prep to college application essays, high school students seeking competitive college admissions have a lot on their plates - all while being expected to excel in challenging courses and pack their dwindling free time with impressive-sounding activities. It's a lot to juggle successfully, and today's students and their parents are under ever-increasing strain over the process.
Join us, as a panel of experts in the college admissions process distills the important issues for high school students and their parents - and takes your questions, too.
• Dr. Katherine Cohen, Brown alum and one of the leading independent college admissions counselors in the country, founder and CEO of IvyWise admissions consulting
• Andrea Van Niekerk, long-time Associate Director of Admissions at Brown and now an independent higher education consultant with College Goals
• Elizabeth Wissner-Gross, author of three popular, no-nonsense college strategies books, and a leading international college admissions advisor
• Mark Speyer, College Counselor at Columbia Prep School in NY
• Karen Berlin Ishii, Brown alum, SAT and ACT test prep expert who has taught for The Princeton Review and Boston Academic Tutors
The panel will be moderated by Brown alum and seasoned public speaker Dani Ticktin Koplik, an executive and career coach.
Expect to leave this presentation armed with new knowledge and practical advice that will ease the college prep process and enhance your student's college applications. This is a very special opportunity to get answers to your questions from a range of respected names in college prep and admissions.
This event is open to alumni, family, and friends. Parents are encouraged to bring their children and attend as a family. Space is extremely limited!
Refreshments will be served. Cost: $60 per family Click link to buy tickets.
Saturday, September 11, 2010, 11 am - 1pm
1 West 29th St
New York, NY 10001
For additional information, please contact Karen Berlin Ishii at firstname.lastname@example.org